They’re still stocking the shelves, but you can already find hundreds of great titles on Illustration, Art Direction, and monthly Featured picks and special themed collections. Click here to take a look at our growing collection.
You’ll be able to get to the store via the main menu bar on Illustration Age, or you can always come in through the side door at IllustrationBookstore.com. Got a title to recommend? Feel free to email us at illustration island(at)gmail(dot)com with the subject line BOOKSTORE. Thanks in advance!
We’re very excited to announce that since its release a couple of years ago, over 3,000 illustrators have downloaded EFII’s eBook and Audiobook 15 Steps to Freelance Illustration!
Written by our editor Thomas James, this popular resource is a Step-by-Step guide and Workbook written specifically to give you the best chance of getting started on the right foot with your freelance illustration business. Thousands of your fellow artists have already benefitted from this book, and many Illustration professors have made it required reading for their students, because it tells you exactly what you need to do to be a successful professional Illustrator.
If you’re looking for a clear and practical guide to starting or revitalizing your own illustration business, check out more information and rave reviews here or simply select one of the two formats below to get started right away!
Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee
If you’re not completely satisfied that 15 Steps to Freelance Illustration is helping you to start your Illustration business on the right foot, just let me know and I’ll refund your money in full. No questions asked.
It’s been a long time coming, but the newly redesigned Illustration Friday has been launched!
Rather than try to explain the changes, here’s the official announcement from Penelope Dullaghan on the Illustration Friday blog:
I am so thrilled to finally share with you our freshly updated website, including easier ways to share your art, browse illustrations, and connect with your creative community. With the new site, you can see all the beautiful artwork front and center, pop up a window to take a closer peek, and easily “Like” the pieces that make you smile, and “Share” them with your friends!
A few highlights:
* Thumbnails are now huge (!) and can be automatically generated (!!) for you if you choose. Try it out this week when you post your artwork — Go to the homepage, choose “Submit your illustration” and fill out the form. After you paste in your url and choose your Medium, the auto-generator will start doing its thing and you can choose your thumbnail easily! (Yippee!) You can also choose a thumbnail from your desktop if you choose. Either way is cool!
* It’s easier and fun to Submit a Topic! Think up a good word or short phrase that can be interpreted visually in lots of ways and submit it! If your topic is chosen you’re website link will be on the homepage and on the new weekly topic email.
* Speaking of weekly topic emails… We are using a new service so the newsletters are prettier and easier for you to manage. Sign up for topic and goodies in your inbox!
* We are now accepting sponsorship ads on the site if you’re interested in getting more eyeballs on your artwork / little prints shop / new project. Check out the sponsors on the sidebar. View sponsorship info.
* For even more ideas to get involve with the new Illustration Friday, visit the About page.
I hope you enjoy the new site! Please help spread the word by “Liking” IF on Facebook, tweeting about it, blogging about it or posting your art to the homepage and on the IF Facebook Group page! And link back with a new IF button for your site!
Thank you so much for your support, continued participation and, of course, the awesome artwork you contribute! You guys are what makes Illustration Friday wonderful!
We’re very excited to announce that our sister site Illustration Age is collaborating with the fine folks over at Behance to offer a very special deal on their ProSite service, which allows you to create and customize a professional portfolio website.
All new subscribers to ProSite can use the promo code IA3FM for 3 FREE months! Click here for more info and a video introduction to this great service.
Special thanks to Will Allen and Alison Thornsberry for this generous offer to our community of illustrators.
The boys and girl of Awesome Horse Studios are wrapping up Season 2 of their free livestream tutorials with a king size critique session.
If you want them to look at your online portfolio, post it here on our Facebook page. They will be looking at both work and site design.
If you want a specific piece critiqued, go to Wipnation.com, upload your work and tag it “awesomehorse” and “horse crit”